Friday, April 30, 2010

Favourite artist


Hi!

It is difficult to speak of my favourite artist because I love the art and are many the artists that I like. But I really like the realist or naturalist painters. If I think in Chile I can name to Pedro Lira or Alfredo Valenzuela Puelma.
The portraits of Pedro Lira are very pretty, I believe that I he is an excellent draftsman of the human figure. His painting more representative is “La carta”. The most exciting of the picture isn’t the style, aren’t the colours that the painter can have used or the way in that He used the paintbrush, thinking in a specific technique. No, I want to say that the most exciting is the scene that the painter represent. A woman hides a letter in her back because someone comes to room. I can imagine a story of prohibited love or something like that.
Pedro Lira and Alfredo Valenzuela Puelma are Chilean painters of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century.
Some paintings of these painters are in the National Museum of fine arts, “La carta” is there.

I like the European artists but in this occasion I prefer “lo chileno”.

6 comments:

  1. Well chosen Rosarito. I think it is a beautiful painting and the scene itself is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love it painting. Pedro Lira was a great master. Besides he was director academy of painting.
    Finally, I writed a text about this artist work. If you want I can send for you.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!
    This painting is beautiful. But, Pedro Lira isn`t my favorite chilean artist, I prefer the artist of the decade of 60, in general.
    I insist, this painting in special is striking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    the advantage of these paintings for ours is we can see it in the museum in Santiago, other paintings are very far, in Europe principally.
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this picture!!!!

    I remember Romera and the work of this!!! :-P

    She's mysterious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pedro Lira was a great painter, he used the colours and the texture of the materials in a good way.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete